New Year`s Resolution Gets a Bad Rap!
By: Krysteen ~
It’s true, you know, most people don’t like resolutions because many are just set up to fail and fail they do. The pressure of making a huge, poignant change can be too much to bare. But what is a resolution? Just a promise you make to yourself to change something for the better. And that’s not bad or hard to do. Let’s start over, there’s still plenty of time to make a change in 2017. You can even use henna to do it. Just follow these 6 easy steps:
- Pick something that you really want to change, not something you think you should change. You’ll never lose weight or quit smoking if you still really want to eat and smoke. Look deeper. Could losing weight mean be healthier? Maybe you could commit to eating better or walking everyday. Example: Be healthier.
- Make a list of why you want this change in your life. What are the benefits and your motivations. Example: Feeling better, more energy, looking better, keeping up with your kids…
- List the potential bocks. What are the things that have stood in your way before? Do you need to create time for this, will it cost money, laziness. There are reasons you haven’t done it in the past. What are they? Example: Lazy and bad eating habits, too many desserts, eat out all the time, I don’t exercise.
- Create the plan. Think of simple things you can do to get rolling. Buy a How-To-Book, join a class, find a mentor. Look at the stumbling blocks and figure out ways around them. Example: Eat out 50% less. Hate to exercise but I like to walk. I’ll walk 5x week after dinner or on lunch break. Add more salads to my daily meals.
- Tell people about your resolution. Yes! Tell the people close to you that you’re working on this change. You’ll get encouragement, feedback and the desire to stay focused.
- Create a mental push. This is a very important step. Have an image that reminds you of your goal. A long time ago, one would put a skinny picture of themselves on the refrigerator. It takes about 3 weeks to make a permanent change and every time you see the image, your mind will be reminded of your goal and help create it. Henna is perfect for this. Place a henna somewhere on your body where you’ll see it often. Example: Chinese symbol for health or foot print bracelet for walking.
I’ve done this program for years. I know it works and works well. I hope you’ll try at least once. It’s an incredible tool for real change. Once you become clear on the exact change you want and can create a manageable plan with support, you’ll have nothing but success.!